Solid Bronze for Heavy Duty Commercial Marine Service
• Johnson Stuffing Boxes are heavy duty units fitted with a water inlet for stern-tube bearing lubrication.
• Mounting flange incorporate a pilot ring which intrudes into the shaft housing to exert necessary compression on the bearing staves to lock them in position.
• An inflatable air seal allows gland to be serviced which vessel is afloat.
• Units available for water lubrication or combination water-grease lubrication.
• Inflatable air seal design allows gland servicing while ship is afloat.
Special Order Only
• All sizes supplied with grease lantern ring.
• Packing is not included as standard equipment.
• An additional charge will be made when packing is specified.
• Mounting flange holes are drilled standard unless otherwise specified.
• Bronze stuffing boxes sizes 2-1/2” through 6-1/4” can be supplied with integral steel mounting flange for bulkhead welding at 20% additional charge.
• When ordering specify steel flange.
Order No. Mfg. Description Price
427840 Brass, 2-7/8” $450.00 B